Dazzle Your Audience with Webinars
Dianna Albanese, SourceMedia
When marketing a business-to-consumer brand’s products or services, Medium states that, “[B2Cs] only have to convince an individual that their services and products deserve attention.” However, as a B2B, you often must earn another business’ trust and build credibility before making that important sale. This involves additional marketing efforts over a longer span of time. One of these strategies includes webinars.
Defined by Lifewire,
“A webinar is a live web-based video conference that uses the internet to connect the individual hosting the webinar to an audience - the viewers and listeners of the webinar from all over the world. Hosts can show themselves speaking, switch to their computer screens for slideshows or demonstrations, and even invite guests from other locations to co-host the webinar with them.”
B2B marketers are no strangers to utilizing webinars in their overall marketing strategies. According to a December 2017 report from eMarketer, 42% of B2B marketing and sales leaders in North America use webinars in their sales content pools.
Webinars offer many advantages for the companies utilizing them. Medium references the following:
1. Streamlined and affordable production. Webinars are easy to produce and affordable, which can quickly minimize costs of marketing efforts.
2. Connection with a broader audience. Webinars eliminate any limitations on how many people you can reach at once. In-person meetings have restrictions such as location, expenses to travel to that location and timing.
3. Dialogue with interested participants. Many marketing and advertising materials today only allow B2Bs to talk at an audience. Webinars allow for open conversation with an audience, enhancing engagement.
4. New lead cultivation and strengthening current partnerships. B2Bs have the ability to cultivate new prospects and nurture the professional relationships they already have through webinars. As the host, you can collect new information from attendees, develop brand loyalty in your current customer base and train customers on how to use products.
5. Establish industry authority. The key to being a B2B marketer today is ensuring your brand’s authority in the industry to increase engagement among your audience. Webinars allow for thought leadership content through discussion of hot industry topics and trends.
6. Live demonstrations. Don’t stop at telling; show your audiences why they should choose your products over others through a webinar session.
7. Sustainable marketing impact. Webinars can be recorded and used later for future business leads without having to regenerate the same content.
It’s important to note that webinars aren’t a one-and-done marketing effort. After your webinar is finished, it can be repurposed to use in other parts of your marketing strategy. According to Pardot, “Put a recorded version [of the webinar] on your website or blog to continue to generate leads indefinitely, and stretch the content even further by blogging about it or posting the slides to SlideShare.”
What does your winning webinar strategy look like?
One State Street Plaza
New York, NY 10004
Follow Us For Updates
All audience and traffic data based on company reports and estimates as of Q1 2016.© 2017 SourceMedia LLC. All rights reserved. SourceMedia is an Observer Capital company. Use, duplication, or sale of this service, or data contained herein, is strictly prohibited.